Wednesday, March 9, 2011

The Only Way to People Watch!

If you haven't been to a junk yard lately, you need to go! Seriously, it's better people watching than a coffee shop in down town Seattle. I have proof! Unfortunately, James jeep decided it didn’t like its drive shaft anymore and intentionally broke itself to get a new one. That plants me at the junk yard on a beautiful, child free, Saturday for three hours while poor James risks his life pulling parts from underneath a junk yard jeep that is only held up by three metal rims. Shady! So naturally, I had to figure out how to entertain myself. I am actually very good at this but you know who is better at it, Tayla! Together, we think we are the funniest thing to hit the plant and it’s too bad the rest of the world doesn’t agree because we could totally make money off of the material we come up with. So, I called her up! We got to spend some good quality time talking for several hours straight without “Mommy, I’m hungry. When is dinner? What are we having for dinner? I don’t like that, can I have macaroni instead? Why?!! You are the meanest mommy in the world for making me eat a well balanced home cooked meal instead of a calorie backed, no nutrition what-so-ever box of bland macaroni and cheese!!” Ok, I may have added the last part but the first four questions, I hear every day. Now remember, I have two children and I have come to believe that they have a very intricate plan of tag teaming everything! For example, Kaeli will come in the kitchen and we will go through the above series of dinner questions and then she will walk away in a huff and no joke, Chloe will walk up just as Kaeli is departing (this is where I believe the tag happens when I’m not looking) and we will go through the same line of questioning. I'm pretty sure they do this on purpose. It’s some sort of mind game to get me to break down and serve them macaroni and cheese every day for the rest of their lives. Alright, tangent over!

Let me show you what I’m working with:


This is the view from my passenger side window. I have never been to a junk yard that had trailers in it. This makes the experience a little more humorous and sad at the same time. Also, see the reddish car that over time has faded into a beautiful rust type color? Well, after about an hour of sitting in my car, I noticed some one moving in that car. It scared the hell out of me! As I was explaining the situation of my new found neighbor to Tayla I realized I couldn’t tell if the person was male or female due to the hood they had pulled over their head. This quickly became my mission for the day. I’m easy entertained, what can I say? I’m a cheap date! It took another hour before the hood gave birth to a female head! Ok, moving on…


Here is a junk yard possey. I never saw them enter the junk yard. They literally came out of nowhere but they differently knew what they were doing and had the right apparel to back it up yet still left empty handed.


This is where my companies safety representative would say “Safety first, last and always.” As he flipped through the “Do Not Do” slides on safety. I think their safety representative was on a smoke break.


Or maybe this is him single handedly trying to rip the license plate off with a hammer…


But then had to bring in reinforcements when it was proving to be a very difficult process.


That is the end of my junk yard journey. Yes. All the pictures provided were taken from the safety of my locked car. Similar to being on an African safari in your car, you are wise to remain in the vehicle. The environment here is new, strange and unpredictable.

No comments:

Post a Comment